This page discusses terms and rules of this site.
Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 18th May 2021
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using Pigeonbay Limited.
The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Pigeonbay Limited - The company, the website or the service.
- These are the Terms and Conditions governing the use of Pigeonbay Limited and the agreement that operates between you and Pigeonbay Limited. These Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of Pigeonbay Limited.
- Your access to and use of the Pigeonbay Limited is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use Pigeonbay Limited.
- By accessing or using Pigeonbay Limited you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you disagree with any part of these Terms and Conditions then you may not access Pigeonbay Limited.
- You represent that you are over the age of 18. Pigeonbay Limited does not permit those under 18 to use the service.
- Pigeonbay Limited is a marketplace that allows users to offer, sell and buy Pigeons and Pigeon equipment in a variety of pricing formats and locations.
- Pigeonbay Limited does not have possession of anything listed or sold through the service, and is not involved in the actual transaction between buyers and sellers. The contract for the sale is directly between buyer and seller. The service is not a traditional auctioneer.
- Pigeonbay Limited does not review users' listings or content. While we may help facilitate the resolution of disputes through various means, Pigeonbay Limited has no control over, and does not guarantee the existence, quality, safety or legality of, items advertised; the truth or accuracy of users' content, listings or feedback; the ability of sellers to sell items; the ability of buyers to pay for items; or that a buyer or seller will actually complete a transaction or return an item.
- Pigeonbay Limited operates with 1 membership level. You are automatically installed onto our Free Basic Listing / Selling 13% Commission membership plan. The site does not charge for membership.
- You may cancel your membership at any time by accessing your account or by contacting Pigeonbay Limited. Your current membership will be removed and account deleted within 24 hrs.
- The Company may, at its sole discretion, offer a membership with a Free trial for a limited period of time. At any time and without notice, the Company reserves the right to (i) modify the terms and conditions of the Free Trial offer, or (ii) cancel such Free trial offer.
- If you are suspended or banned from Pigeonbay, you will not be eligible for any prizes in any competition we offer on the site.
- When You create an account with us, you must provide us information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account on Pigeonbay Limited.
- You are over the age of 18. Pigeonbay does not permit those under 18 to use the service.
- If You wish to create an account, to register as a seller or buyer on Pigeonbay Limited, you will be asked to supply certain information relevant to your account including, without limitation, your name, your date of birth, your gender, your mothers maiden name, your email, your phone number, your billing address, your shipping information, your payment profiles.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal right to use any credit or debit card(s) or other payment method(s) in connection with any order; and that (ii) the information you supply to us is true, correct and complete.
- By submitting such information, you grant us the right to provide the information to payment processing third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of your order.
- You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access Pigeonbay Limited and for any activities or actions under your password.
- You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
- You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
- By placing an order for goods through Pigeonbay Limited, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
- All accounts will have an 'Online Account' area where all invoices and transactions will be kept on the site which can be viewed at anytime.
- These transactions act as your receipt. It is therefore important to complete the checkout process each time you use the site to sell or purchase an item.
When listing an item, You agree to comply with the following:
- Free Basic Listing consists of title, description, 5 pictures, video link, reserve price, opening bid, start time, duration of auction and item location.
- You are responsible for the accuracy, content and legality of the item listed.
- All birds/products offered are registered to the seller and the seller must have the required documentation to prove so by way of transfer form, ring card etc.
- All birds must be in good health and vaccinated before offering for sale.
- A full description of the lot must be provided together with a picture and pedigree where possible.
- The sex of the pigeon must be listed but not guaranteed.
- A transfer form must be sent to the purchaser following the sale of any pigeon on the site.
- Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for up to 24 hours. Pigeonbay Limited does not guarantee exact listing duration.
- You are responsible for all taxes (including but not limited to penalties, fines, charges, or late payment interest) related to your sales on Pigeonbay Limited. To the extent possible under English law, you shall pay to us as a debt on demand all costs incurred by us, including but not limited to tax, penalties and interest, levied by any competent tax authority due to your failure to provide a valid VAT registration number and/or your failure to pay any such taxes, penalties or interest;
- content that violates any of Pigeonbay Limited policies may be modified or deleted at Pigeonbay Limited's discretion.
- we may provide you with optional recommendations to consider when creating your listings. Such recommendations may be based on the aggregated sales and performance history of similar sold and current listings; results will vary for individual listings. To drive the recommendations experience, you agree that we may display the sales and performance history of your listings to other sellers.
- Pigeonbay Limited does not arrange courier services for any listing advertised with this delivery option. This is the responsibility of the buyer in consultation with the seller and Pigeonbay Limited's responsibility ends immediately following payment.
- Any issues with delivery including lost items are not the responsibility of Pigeonbay Limited and any issues are solely between the buyer and seller.
- In the event a pigeon/item is sent by mistake to the wrong buyer, it is the responsibility of the seller to correct the mistake to ensure the correct buyers receive the correct purchases.
When bidding/buying an item, You agree to comply with the following:
- You are responsible for reading the full item listing before making a bid or commitment to buy;
- You enter into a legally binding contract to purchase an item when you commit to buy an item, or if you have the winning bid (or your bid is otherwise accepted);
- You must complete the transfer registration for any bird purchased on the site.
- When you win an item, or uses buy it now to purchase an item, they must complete the purchase by visiting your 'Basket' at the top of the homepage and completing the checkout process.
- This will produce the invoices and documentation including your receipt(s) for your purchase.
- You are required to send full payment to the seller within 2 days via the one of the options they have confirmed they accept which are detailed on the listing.
- It is your responsibility to check the methods of payments the seller accepts prior to winning the auction.
- If the seller only accepts off-line payments they will email you the payment details within 24hrs of the auction closing. You will find these details in your 'Messages' area of your account.
- If you have not received them after 24hrs you can contact the seller via your control panel to request these details.
Buyers must note:
- The cost of postage and handling, and all terms that the seller has included in the listing before deciding to purchase
- Bids can not be retracted under any circumstances when confirmed
- Pigeonbay Limited does not arrange courier services for any listing advertised with this delivery option. This is the responsibility of the buyer in consultation with the seller and nothing to do with Pigeonbay Limited.
- Pigeonbay Limited does not use a proxy bid service. (A maximum amount a member is willing to pay and the site automatically bids on your behalf until your maximum is reached.) This ensures the integrity of the site as no maximum bids will be known.
- Each bid placed will automatically be the highest bid once you have confirmed the bid.
- You will see a green tick to confirm your bid has been placed if done correctly, the site will prompt to bid again but you are the highest bidder when your initial bid is placed.
- You are able to outbid yourself for the purpose of reserve prices lots so be careful not to bid against yourself unintentionally.
- No duplicate bids will be removed under any circumstance and its the members responsibility to ensure they have read these Terms and Conditions.
- You can review the bidding history of any lot by clicking 'bids' on the information section of the listing.
- The system will also tell you if you are the highest bidder or if you have been outbid at any time in the information section of the listing.
- The system will email you to confirm you have been outbid.
- If you are not receiving these emails into your main inbox check your spam/junk mailbox.
- Pigeonbay Limited takes no responsibility for failure to receive the outbid emails and it is the members responsibility to check the listing especially as the auction comes to a close.
- The main page will not automatically refresh for new bids but if you are watching an actual listing this will be automatically refreshed and updated.
- Pigeonbay Limited has a sniper bid process / 5 minute rule in place for all listings.
- Any bid in the last 5 minutes will automatically extend the time the auction is due to finish, this allows the member who has been outbid time to respond with a new bid.
- Example - If a bid is place with 2 minutes to go, the system will extend the closing time of the auction by 3 minutes so the outbid member has 5 minutes to respond.
- The sniper bid process continues until there is a clear winner of the auction.
The bids on Pigeonbay Limited are set to increase in the following price increments for all listings:-
- £0.01 to £49.99 = £5 bid increments
- £50.00 to £149.99 = £10 bid increments
- £150.00 to £499.00 = £20 bid increments
- £500.00 and higher = £50 bid increments
Managing Unpaid Cases
- A seller may contact Pigeonbay Limited if the buyer does not pay or contact them within 2 days.
- Sellers may close the case when a buyer has not paid within 4 days
- Sellers are eligible to receive a final value fee credit and any enhanced listing fees refunded or have the invoice cancelled in the event of non payment.
- Sellers may relist an unpaid item after 4 days of the auction ending if no payment has been made by the buyer.
- Buyers have the option of appealing an unpaid item by contacting Pigeonbay Limited if they believe it was undeserved
- Sellers should avoid falsely reporting unpaid items or they may:
- Have all credits reversed for the time period in question
- Lose the ability to use the final value fee credit system
- Be subject to suspension
Failure to Pay
- Making a bid on the site constitutes a legally binding contract between yourself and Pigeonbay Limited.
- If you purchase an item and fail to pay within 2 days we will attempt to contact the buyer.
- We will continue to attempt to contact the buyer up to 96 hrs after the auction has closed.
- Additional fees will be applied to the total after 96 hrs for admin costs detailed below.
- Failure to pay after this Pigeonbay Limited will write a letter detailing plans to instigate a Small Claims Court claim
- The letter will be sent Recorded Delivery.
- You will have 14 days to pay the outstanding debt.
- Admin cost of £50 will be applied to the outstanding debt.
- Failure to pay after the 14 day period we will begin a Small Claim Court claim without further notice.
- We will also send a copy of the letter to the RPRA / WHU / NEHU / SU / NEHU and state you are a defaulter.
- Your account will then be terminated.
- Pigeonbay Limited charges Free Basic Listing and 13% Final Sale Commission if you complete Self listing.
- Pigeonbay Limited charges £3 Basic Listing + Free pictures and 13% Final Sale Commission if Pigeonbay Limited completes Service listing.
- We may change our fees, or introduce new fees from time to time by posting the changes on Pigeonbay Limited or via the messaging service on your account, 30 days in advance. You may close your account without penalty within 30 days of such notice being given.
- If you are a seller, you are liable for Final Value Fees arising out of all sales made using Pigeonbay Limited, even if sales terms are finalised or payment is made outside of Pigeonbay Limited. In addition, if you are a seller and you offer or reference your contact information or ask for a buyer's contact information, you may be liable to pay a Final Value Fee in consideration for the introduction to a buyer for that item on Pigeonbay Limited, even if the item does not actually sell.
- Payments from Service Listing will be forwarded to the seller when funds have been paid in full. This can take up to 14 days.
- Individual Items – Free Basic Listing / 13% Commission on Final Value Fee
- One Loft Auctions – Free Basic Listing / 18% Commission on Final Value Fee
If you accept the option to be paid directly via Paypal you will incur charges of 2.9% + 0.30p per transaction. This fee is not payable to Pigeonbay Limited but to Paypal directly.
Service Completes Listing
- Individual Items – £3.00 Basic Listing / 13% Commission on Final Fee
- One Loft Auctions – £3.00 Basic Listing / 18% Commission on Final Value Fee
- Charity Auctions – £3.00 Basic Listing / 0% Commission on Final Value Fee
Store Enhanced Fees
- Showcase Billboard in Store - £50 a year
- Main Banner on Homepage - price on application
- Store Banner - price on application
- Equipment and Product Category - price on application
- Pigeon Sales & Auction Category - price on application
- Professional Photos - £5 each
We can arrange for photos to be taken which will be real life pictures. Contact us for details
Your Right to Post Content
- Pigeonbay Limited allows you to post content. You are responsible for the content that you post to the service, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness.
- By posting content to the service, you grant us the right and license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such content on and through the service.
- You retain any and all of your rights to any content you submit, post or display on or through the service and you are responsible for protecting those rights.
- You agree that this license includes the right for us to make your content available to other users of the service, who may also use your content subject to these Terms.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) the content is yours (you own it) or you have the right to use it and grant us the rights and license as provided in these Terms, and (ii) the posting of your content on or through the service does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
- Pigeonbay Limited is not responsible for the content of the service's users. You expressly understand and agree that you are solely responsible for the content and for all activity that occurs under your account, whether done so by you or any third person using your account.
- You may not transmit any content that is unlawful, offensive, upsetting, intended to disgust, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable. Examples of such objectionable content include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Unlawful or promoting unlawful activity.
- Defamatory, discriminatory, or mean-spirited content, including references or commentary about religion, race, sexual orientation, gender, national/ethnic origin, or other targeted groups.
- Spam, machine – or randomly – generated, constituting unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling.
- Containing or installing any viruses, worms, malware, trojan horses, or other content that is designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of a third person.
- Infringing on any proprietary rights of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other rights.
- Impersonating any person or entity including Pigeonbay Limited and its employees or representatives.
- Violating the privacy of any third person.
- False information and features.
- Pigeonbay Limited reserves the right, but not the obligation, to, in its sole discretion, determine whether or not any content is appropriate and complies with this Terms and can refuse or remove this content.
- Pigeonbay Limited further reserves the right to make formatting and edits and change the manner any content.
- Pigeonbay Limited can also limit or revoke the use of the service if you post such objectionable content.
- As the Company cannot control all content posted by users and/or third parties on the service, you agree to use the service at your own risk.
- You understand that by using the service you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, indecent, incorrect or objectionable, and you agree that under no circumstances will Pigeonbay Limited be liable in any way for any content, including any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content.
- Although regular backups of content are performed, Pigeonbay Limited do not guarantee there will be no loss or corruption of data.
- Corrupt or invalid backup points may be caused by, without limitation, content that is corrupted prior to being backed up or that changes during the time a backup is performed.
- Pigeonbay Limited will provide support and attempt to troubleshoot any known or discovered issues that may affect the backups of content. But you acknowledge that Pigeonbay Limited has no liability related to the integrity of content or the failure to successfully restore content to a usable state.
- You agree to maintain a complete and accurate copy of any content in a location independent of the Service.
Intellectual Property Infringement
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond to any claim that content posted on the service infringes a copyright or other intellectual property infringement of any person.
- If you are a copyright owner, or authorized on behalf of one, and you believe that the copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement that is taking place through the service, you must submit your notice in writing to the attention of our copyright agent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include in your notice a detailed description of the alleged infringement.
- You may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) for misrepresenting that any content is infringing your copyright.
- Pigeonbay Limited and its original content (excluding content provided by you or other users), features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Pigeonbay Limited and its licensors.
- Pigeonbay Limited is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the country and foreign countries.
- Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Pigeonbay Limited.
Your Feedback to Us
- You assign all rights, title and interest in any feedback you provide the Pigeonbay Limited. If for any reason such assignment is ineffective, you agree to grant Pigeonbay Limited a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, disclose, sub-license, distribute, modify and exploit such feedback without restriction.
Links to Other Websites
- Pigeonbay Limited may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Pigeonbay Limited.
- Pigeonbay Limited has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services.
- You further acknowledge and agree that Pigeonbay Limited shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
- We strongly advise you to read the Terms and Conditions and Privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
- We may terminate or suspend your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach these Terms and Conditions.
- Upon termination, your right to use Pigeonbay Limited will cease immediately. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the service and request we delete your account.
Limitation of Liability
- Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur, the entire liability of Pigeonbay Limited and any of its suppliers under any provision of this Terms and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to the amount actually paid by you through the service or £50 if you haven't purchased anything through the service.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall Pigeonbay Limited or its suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, loss of data or other information, for business interruption, for personal injury, loss of privacy arising out of or in any way related to the use of or inability to use the Service, third-party software and/or third-party hardware used with the Service, or otherwise in connection with any provision of this Terms), even if Pigeonbay Limited or any supplier has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if the remedy fails of its essential purpose.
- Some countries do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply. In these countries, each party's liability will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
"As Is" and "As Available" Disclaimer
- The service is provided to you "As Is" and "As Available" and with all faults and defects without warranty of any kind.
- To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, Pigeonbay Limited, on its own behalf and on behalf of its affiliates and their respective licencors and service providers, expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the service, including all implied warranties of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, and warranties that may arise out of course of dealing, course of performance, usage or trade practice.
- Without limitation to the foregoing, Pigeonbay Limited provides no warranty or undertaking, and makes no representation of any kind that the service will meet your requirements, achieve any intended results, be compatible or work with any other software, applications, systems or services, operate without interruption, meet any performance or reliability standards or be error free or that any errors or defects can or will be corrected.
- Without limiting the foregoing, neither Pigeonbay Limited nor any of the company's providers makes any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied: (i) as to the operation or availability of the service, or the information, content, and materials or products included thereon; (ii) that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free; (iii) as to the accuracy, reliability, or currency of any information or content provided through the service; or (iv) that the service, its servers, the content, or e-mails sent from or on behalf of Pigeonbay Limited are free of viruses, scripts, trojan horses, worms, malware, timebombs or other harmful components.
- Some countries do not allow the exclusion of certain types of warranties or limitations on applicable statutory rights of a consumer, so some or all of the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you. But in such a case the exclusions and limitations set forth in this section shall be applied to the greatest extent enforceable under applicable law.
- The laws of the country, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this Terms and your use of Pigeonbay Limited. Your use of Pigeonbay Limited may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
- If you have any concern or dispute about the service, you agree to first try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting Pigeonbay Limited.
- If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Changes to These Terms and Conditions
- Pigeonbay Limited reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- If a revision is material, we will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
- By continuing to access or use Pigeonbay Limited after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using Pigeobay Limited immediately and request your account is closed.
- If You have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, You can contact us:
By email: email@example.com